Part of the most exciting project on the planet!
Founder & CEO
Charles J. Simon
Charles, a Silicon Valley and venture-backed entrepreneur, founded Vectron Graphics, one of the world’s first CAD computing companies, and as a Microsoft alum was a Co-founder of Gift Certificates.com, successfully sold to AOL, a leader in online services. He has sold Commercial CAD Technology to the Stanford Linear Accelerator (SLAC), Harris Corp (now L3 Harris Technologies, defense contractor), NASA Ames Laboratory, and McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing). Also, he is noted for two AI systems and three generations of CAD.
His broad management, startup, and combined development experience in neurological test equipment, CPUs, and artificial intelligence software makes him a uniquely qualified expert. He has a Master of Science in Computer Science and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineering, attended the Stanford University Business School AEA, along with, membership in several High-IQ Societies and the Forbes Technology Council.
He is the author of numerous published science books, articles, papers, and technical presentations. He received a 5-Star and a Notable Book Award for “Will Computers Revolt” and received a Microsoft Fellow Award Nomination. Also, he has been written about in Newsweek and other leading media.
As an extreme sailor, in 2017 he was the Captain of one of only 15 sailboats in the world (as recorded by the University of Cambridge, UK, Scott Polar Research Institute), to Circumnavigate the North American Continent via the Arctic Northwest Passage Transit. Satellite-mapping was used to survey the route and a new channel was added in the Arctic Tasmania Islands, now named after Charles. He is also one of the few to additionally complete a sailing World Circumnavigation.
Was sole developer or participated with a team on diverse software projects:
- “The Brain Simulator II” AGI development platform
FutureAI, v1.0 2021.
- “Flying Media: Museum Interactive System”
Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture, 2013.
- “Passport to Discovery: Museum Interactive System”
Mobius Science Center, 2011.
- “Cynthia Voice-activated Intercom”
Synthigence Corp., 2008.
- “Synthetic Intelligence”
Synthigence Corp., 2007.
- Neurological medical testing systems
Cadwell Laboratories, 1999.
- “Continuum: Software for Enterprise CAD”
Bentley Systems, 1996.
- “EASY EEG System”
Cadwell Laboratories, 1994.
- “Presonafile Resume Processing”
- “3-D MiniCAD for Windows”
Abbot, Foster & Hauserman, 1992.
- “3-D MiniCAD for MS-DOS”
Abbot, Foster & Hauserman, 1990, 1991.
- “3-D ComputerScape” (3-D graphics software library)
Abbot, Foster & Hauserman, 1990.
- “The BRAIN Simulator: Tutorial Software for neural Circuit Design”
Neural Network Laboratory, 1988.
- 3 generation of: “Vectron Printed Circuit CAD”
Vectron Graphic Systems, 1978-1984.
Articles View all >
- “Artificial General Intelligence: What’s Behind You?”
Forbes, May 27, 2022.
- “To evolve, AI must face its limitations”
TechTalks, May 27, 2022.
- “Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part Two: Perceptrons vs Neurons”
KDnuggets, May 24, 2022.
- “Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part One: Neurons Are Slow, Slow, Slow”
KDnuggets, May 5, 2022.
- “Robots Are The Key To Advancing Artificial Intelligence”
Forbes, May 4, 2022.
- “Overcoming AI’s limitations”
InfoWorld, May 3, 2022.
- “Your AI Doesn’t Really Understand You”
Forbes, Apr. 12, 2022.
- “Artificial intelligence really isn’t all that intelligent”
InfoWorld IDG, Mar. 29, 2022.
- “Charles Simon Of FutureAI On The Future of Robotics Over the Next Few Years”
Authority Magazine, Mar. 3, 2022.
- “Why Researchers Can’t Agree on AI Consciousness”
Authority Magazine, Feb. 17, 2022.
- “The danger of Meta’s new supercomputer is the company behind it”
Venture Beat, Feb. 4, 2022.
- “Development Philosophy Behind AGI”
Inside Big Data, Sept. 25, 2021.
- “One Billion Neurons on a Desktop Computer”
DZone, Aug. 14, 2020.
- “On Brain Simulator II, GPT-3 and AGI”
AI Time Journal, Aug. 14, 2020.
- “As AI Use Grows, So Do Ethical Questions”
CMS Wire, Jul. 20, 2020.
- “AI Transparency and the Emperor’s New Clothes”
CMSWire, May 14, 2020.
- “The Top 10 Things To Expect From A Future With Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)”
CEOWorld Magazine, Dec 3, 2018.
- Computers will soon outsmart us. Does that make an AI rebellion inevitable?”
Digital Trends, Oct 2018
- “Is In-House PCB Design for You?”
Computer-Aided Engineering, August 1988.
- “Understanding the Need for Autorouting”
Electronic Packaging & Production, November, 1984.
- “The Service Bureau Connection”
Computer Graphics World, Vol. 4. No 2. February 1981.
- “Inside the Outside CAD Service Bureau”
Mini-Micro Systems, July 1981.
Technical Articles View all >
- “Using Individual Neural Spikes to Represent Information”
- “New Brain Simulator Open Source Software”
Proceedings: AGI-20, 2020.
- “Ethics and Artificial General Intelligence”
Proceedings: IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society, 2019.
- Will Computers Revolt?”
(Elsevier) Technical Forecasting & Social Change, 2019
- The Future of Printed Circuit Design Systems”
Printed Circuit Design Magazine, November 1988.
- “Economic Justification of a CAD System”
Automation Technology Conference, Monterey, November 1983.
- “What to Expect from a PC CAD/CAM System”
Proceedings: National Electronic Packaging and Production Conference, March 1983, Anaheim.
- “CAD and DA Systems for PC Artwork: A Timesharing Approach”
Proceedings, International Printed Circuits Conference, New York, June 1981; and Printed Circuit World Expo Proceedings, Pasadena, May 1981.
- UPDATED & REVISED Will Computers Revolt? Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence
Washington, DC, May 31, 2021, 332 pp.
- Will Computers Revolt? Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence, 2018, 239 pp.
- Brain Simulator II: The Guide for Creating Artificial General Intelligence
Washington, DC, Apr. 21, 2021, 196 pp.
- Arctic Northwest Passage Guide
Washington, DC, Sept. 2, 2020, 205 pp.
- Quickstart Circumnavigation Guide
Washington, DC, 2016, 187 pp.
- The Computer Aided Design of Printed Circuits
San Francisco, 1987, 357 pp.
- Computer Aided Design and Design Automation
in Clark’s Handbook of Printed Circuit Manufacturing, New York, 1985.
- Robot Optimized by Philip English, Sept. 13, 2021.
- Unite AI, Sept. 10, 2021.
- The Frankie Boyer Show, Apr. 1, 2021.
Future AI Leadership
He has also served as the Director of Communications for two high-growth technology firms where he devised and executed comprehensive public relations, analyst relations, and social media programs. He also worked at Senior Public Relations at a leading cybersecurity company, where he provided strategic PR support for corporate and marketing initiatives, industry trade shows, product launches, and employee communications. He also spent several years at a national public relations firm, designing communications and media relations plans for clients in the technology, higher education, commercial real estate, and legal industries, and began his PR career working for a faith-based disaster relief and development organization.
Pugh has earned several industry awards including, a MDDC Press Association award for feature writing, several PR World Awards for his work in the technology sector, and was named part of the “Marketing Team of the Year” for a high-growth international technology company. Pugh holds a B.S. in mass communications from Towson University.
The Future AI Team
Future AI is an award-winning, early-stage technology company founded by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Charles J. Simon to create Artificial General Intelligence.
Robots Are the Key to Advancing Artificial Intelligence
Your AI Doesn’t Really Understand You
Overcoming AI’s Limitations
Why Researchers Can’t Agree on AI Consciousness